Vintage findings/assemblage for mixed media artists, collage, art journaling, altered books. Patina matters.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Who Does She Think She Is?

I saw the documentary Who Does She Think She Is? It made me cry. This is my attempt to redeem those derogatory, disparaging, cryptic words hurled with sarcasm. The implications can sentence us to a life of hiding, withholding, and not offering ourselves and our gifts to a world that needs what we have.

I beg you, don't listen. And repeat after me, "I am beloved. I am an artist. I am brave. I have gifts to give. I will be who I am created to be."

The borders are ink and marker versions of Sandy Steen Bartholomew's Totally Zentangled book. Zentangles are most relaxing and meditative. Try it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment